How To Use A 5 Paragraph Essay Rubric
A 5 paragraph essay rubric is a great tool to understand the grading process used in scoring essays. Though rubrics could differ based on the type of essay written, students can prepare themselves for high scores by understanding and following common methods used to arrive at the optimum custom essay. It is also easier to follow methods than rely solely on flair and imagination which can add spice to an essay. Successful methods would get students closer to fulfilling the requirements needed to achieve a good score. Evaluators use tested methods to mark portions of the essay as per standard norms used in a structured environment. Students would have been introduced to these methods in school. By adapting to some additional methods that apply to all essays, they can further their chances of getting better scores.
- Prepare a 5 paragraph essay format. It is quite obvious that the essay would have an introduction, a boy of three paragraphs, and a conclusion. The pattern could also be adapted where the total number of paragraphs could increase. The advantage of following a 5 paragraph pattern is that three ideas could be elaborated in three different paragraphs forming the body of the essay. They could be arranged in the order of importance. Depending on the number of ideas included, the essay body could extend to four, five or even more paragraphs.
- Focus should be on presenting better ideas first. All these ideas should be closely connected to the essay statement. Any deviation from the main topic would distract readers. The 5 paragraph essay rubric would be ineffective, if they have to refer to other sources or business school essays looking for information on irrelevant sub topics.
- It is advisable not to depend on memory to come up with compelling content on a topic. The rubric can be truly effective when readers are presented with content that is fresh and up-to-date. It is possible to gather such content from online resources. Students can use government websites, their school or college online library, to access such information. To maintain a consistent essay writing format, they should gather around 10 topic-related ideas from different sources. The most appropriate ones can then be chosen following guidelines mentioned for the exercise.
- Once sufficient data has been accumulated, a 5 paragraph essay outline can be prepared. It has to be a rough outline that allows constant addition or deletion of content. The structure would begin to take shape as students read through the outline several times. Considerable time should be spent on arriving at an assertive essay statement. It should tell readers exactly what the essay is about and should arouse enough curiosity in them to read further. For example, the headline can be flashy and controversial, if the topic has never been discussed before.
- The importance of a 5 paragraph essay rubric is further outlined by the fact that online content is often limited to around 500 words per page. Students must learn to tell the complete story within a page. Professionals know to accomplish this with minimum fuss. It is now become easy to hire such professionals by ordering essays from Custom-Writing.co.uk. They have a reputation of delivering high-quality original content on varied topics through the easy-to-access portal.
July 2, 2010